You can follow them on their telegram channel for more support and bug reporting. The back has a shiny Pocophone logo plus a vertical module for the two cameras and fingerprint sensor (with the dual-LED flash). I don’t like the sensor being this close to the camera’s glass, but in my use, I found little evidence of my finger’s grease or prints on the camera.
Finally, if you face any difficulty, then kindly drop a comment below. Additionally, you will no longer receive the official firmware update. Note that this is a risky process, and your phone might get stuck into a boot loop. If you have never rooted your device as you thought rooting is highly complex and unsafe, then all your misconceptions will be quashed in this post.
- Xiaomi has now released kernel sources of the Android 10 update for the POCO F1, Mi Mix 2S, Mi Mix 3, Mi 8, Mi 8 Pro, and Mi 8 Explorer Edition.
- For more details and check on bugs, find out on XDA Developers.
- The round fingerprint sensor on the back is also easily reachable.
- While there are many custom ROMs out there, not all of them are stable enough to be used as your daily driver.
- I am instead referring to the recent gaming phone resurgence that began four, five years ago led by the likes of Razer, ASUS, Honor, and Nubia, to name a few.
Download TWRP Flashable Official Nougat ROM For Lenovo K6 Note. This ROM is TWRP flashable and contains much more additional features. This official Nougat ROM is pre-rooted and has Busybox installed.
To estimate the size of the group behind a device, use the ‘Community’ link on the device pages. And where they are available, they’re also more difficult to install than either of the other methods we’ve outlined. Some require a manual approach using the ADB and Fastboot tools with the command line. In this case, you can download a flashable stock ROM direct from the OnePlus website. The biggest obstacle to using a ROM to revert to stock is stock ROM (firmware) that you’re relying on someone else to create the ROM for you.
- Apart from that, if you want top-notch privacy and security on a custom ROM then I would highly recommend LineageOS.
- In your first run of this ROM, you’d find it similar to just about any other custom ROM out there.
- This was a given, considering how Xiaomi said it would focus on speed.
- Despite the one known bug, you can still enjoy all the features of TWRP including the convenience of flashing Magisk to gain root access or to install custom Android ROM on your Poco F1 device.
This issue can in rare cases be caused by the module post-fs-data boot script taking too long to execute. This can be worked around by enabling the script setting to execute the script entirely in the background.